Unfortunately this is usually how my legs look in winter. They get so dry I can write my name in my dry, ashy skin. Sometimes I even get little red, itchy bumps (chicken skin)–gross! I’ve always just used lotion but I don’t like the greasy feeling most extra moisturizing lotions have.
It’s no secret how much I love WEN hair care so when they asked if I’d like to try the treatment oil, the first question I asked was “can I use it on my body?” The answer was a resounging yes and my legs have rejoiced ever since. You Wen-aholics will rejoice too! I adore the WEN Cleansing Conditioner (full review here) and have used nothing on my hair since I tried it. Scouts honor!!
A few things I’m loving about this oil:
- The eye dropper makes it so easy peasy to use. When I get out of the shower I pat dry (very important not to fully dry off) and either place a dropper full in my hands or even directly on my legs, arms, etc and rub in. I have the Pomegrante Rosemary oil –it smells delish! You probably won’t need to do this, but because I am such a klutz and always in such a hurry, I put my towel on the closed toilet seat and apply to my legs–that way I don’t drop any oil on the floor.
- It absorbs well- yes, it’s greasy when you first put it on, but that’s why you apply to damp skin. It soon absorbs and all greasiness disappears.
- It has multiple uses – skin, hair, cuticles, scalp. It also works well as an overnight conditioning treatment for hair.
- It contains abyssinian oil as well as organic argan oil
My favorite to use WEN treatments oils is in the bathtub. I LOVE taking a hot bath in the winter–probably the source of my skin–duh! A few droppers of oil in a hot bathtub feels so soothing and my skin feels so soft afterward!
WEN Treatment Oils come in:
- Fig Sweet Orange - infused with fig extract, organic sweet orange essential oil and balsam peru oil to deeply condition the scalp and hair
- Cucumber Thyme – cooling cucumber fruit extract, thyme oil and aloe vera leaf juice are known for their healing properties
- Sweet Almond Peppermint – sweet almond oil, peppermint oil and organic may chang oil purify and nourish skin and hair
- Lavender Peppermint – lavender oil to repair damaged hair and help you relax
Pomegranate Rosemary – pomegranate oil chock full of antioxidants and rosemary leaf oil to stimualte hair growth
- Tea Tree Eucalyptus - tea tree leaf oil and eucalyptus reduces scalp irritation
All six varieties are made to mix and match to moisturize, hydrate and condition skin and hair.
My co-worker has the exact opposite hair type as I do. Her hair is long, thick and much drier. I had her use the Lavender Treatment oil and this is what she had to say:
- she thought the scent was too strong
- the oil tamed her frizzies and smoothed her hair nicely
- her hair was soft and silky
- since she was not fond of the scent, she didn’t try the overnight treatment
WEN Treatment Oil can be purchased at www.chazdean.com or QVC.com. A 1 oz. bottle retails for $20 and a 4 oz. bottle for $65.