The following list comprises some of the products that impressed me the most in 2012 AND made a significant change in my daily routine. All these products are specifically geared (and tested) to work for the over 40 woman. I love them and use them everyday! By the way, these are not in any order that makes sense.
1. YSL Glossy Stains - YSL Glossy Stains have a revolutionary formula many tried to emulate but no other brand did it like YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis A Levres Glossy Stain! This hybrid of a gloss and stain lasts for 4-5 hours, provides a glossy finish and wear evenly. Still my favorite shade, #15 Rose Vinyl is THE perfect pink for all skin tones. Read my full review here.
2. SENSAI Fluid Finish Lasting Velvet Foundation - SENSAI is a luxury cosmetics and skincare luxury brand from Japan that uses Koishimara Silk as a core ingredient in their products. This exceptional ingredient is responsible for the moisturizing properties and velvety texture of SENSAI Fluid Finish Velvet Foundation. This semi-matte finish is just right, never dry or cakey looking. This foundation is ideal for the over 40 woman as it addresses our most common problem– dryness, AND has the PERFECT finish to create an airbrushed look. I love the look of my skin in this foundation. It’s lightweight, natural, long lasting and looks as if I have perfect skin! Read my full review.
3. TATCHA Skincare - TATCHA another Japanese brand, is steeping in the rituals and traditions of the Geisha. This ritual is suitable for all ethnicity’s and ages, but especially for those with combination skin seeking solutions for prevention and repair and older skin. The SUPPLE Rich Moisture Rich Cream is amazing and the Brightening Serum worked miracles on my skin. The TATCHA line is ideal for women over 40!
4. Kiehl’s Aromatic Blends Body Collection - Kiehl’s took their customers on a journey around the world in 2012 with their newest launch, Aromatic Blends. Aromatic Blends is a four-fragrance, three-product, scented body collection and sensory journey. Each of the four scent pairings takes you on a voyage to the source of Kiehl’s ingredients, and the fragrance’s inspiration. Each scent (found in all three products) was formulated with 30% less ingredients than found in traditional fragrances, using higher proportions of each key ingredient, so the resulting scents reflect a truer rendition of the ingredients.
There is a scent combination for everyone. Seriously beauties, this is purest fragrance you will ever try. If you find your fragrance fading, you HAVE to try Kiehl’s Aromatics! I warn you though, you WILL be sniffing yourself! Read my full review of Kiehl’s Aromatic Blends here.
5. bareMinerals READY Blush & Bronzer - in 2012 bareMinerals built on the success of the fabulous READY line by giving us three READY bronzers and 10 READY blushes. The silky silky long-wearing blush formula delivers softer, smoother skin with bareMinerals proprietary SeaNutritive MineralTMComplex. These blushes are pigmented, smooth and blend easily. They claim to last for 8 hours and they actually do!! They seem to melt into the skin, never looking as if it sitting on top. Most of the shades are matte and those that aren’t have a nice sheen to them–no glitter or sparkle perfect for us over 40 women! The Aphroisiac, a peachy coral is my favorite–no surprise there. The three bronzers, The Skinny Dip, The High Dive and The Deep End cover a spectrum of skin tones. Read my full review of bareMinerals READY blushes here.
6. Eco-Armour Shave Foam - this shave foam is unique; it’s a foam, not a thick gel or cream. It provides the smoothest, nick -free shave you’ll ever get AND it’s eco-friendly, natural and green! See my full review and eco-armour scents available here.
7. bareMinerals Color Correcting Concealer SPF 20 - way back in September I predicted this would make my “best of 2012″ list and here we are! It is rich but lightweight, creamy but gives full coverage AND has an SPF of 20! This is the perfect concealer to wear over eye cream because it blends SO well. I honestly haven’t used anything else since I was a sent a sample way last fall. This concealer is ideal for over 40 eyes because it is so hydrating but doesn’t sink into fine lines. bareMinerals SPF 20 Correcting Concealer is available in 8 shades—I love that! Most concealers have a limited shade range and it’s hard to get an exact match. A definite winner! See my full review here.
8. LORAC Unzipped Eye Shadow Palette – Beauties seeing all these lovely shimmery neutrals made me a little verklempt. Unzipped is a great palette for the over 40 women because even with the metallic shades, there is only a nice sheen as opposed to glitter and NO fallout! The texture is smooth and creamy like buttah! And… these shadows stay put, even without the primer–no kidding they lasted at least 8 hours on me without a primer. The mix of warm and cool shades also make this a very wearable palette with lots of options. See pics, swatches and my review of the LORAC Unzipped Palette here.
9. Talika Heated Eyelash Curler - Ever since I tried the Talika Heated Eyelash Curler ($37), I will NOT go back to a regular eyelash curler. Yes, I am spoiled now! The soft heated pad heats up literally in seconds and fits the shape of my eye perfectly. It doubles the curl of my lashes. The heated pad is safe and gentle; it is temperature controlled so it can’t get too hot so no worries about damage. The curler takes 2 AAA batteries (they come with the curler). Just push the lever up and when the red pad turns white you’re ready to curl! BEFORE your mascara, softly squeeze eyelashes with curler and hold for 30-45 seconds. You will be amazed at the difference. The curler does not pinch or pull, it fits naturally into your hand and the curve of your eye–the mild heat actually feels really good! The best thing is that this curl LASTS all day!!
10. CoverGirl LastBlast Clump Crusher Mascara – this brush has pointy bristles of different lengths and thickness to allow the mascara to get in between lashes and pull them apart without leaving clumps behind. It truly does not clump. Honest. There are no clumps or extra glops of mascara on the end of the wand. The curve of the brush is EXACTLY the right shape the cover all your lashes and it’s easy to use. I’m so impressed with this little green tube! A drugstore mascara that gives professional results? Priceless! Read my full review of CoverGirl Clump Crusher with pics here.
Did you try any of these products in 2012? Please share in the comments!Pin It