Soap and Glory has three new products that launched last month at Sephora that are delicious enough to eat! I’ve always loved the Soap and Glory line not only for the fabulous products but for the cheeky and clever names and packaging.
Let’s take a look at the new lineup!
Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub ($25)
- A super efficacious exfoliating blend of OATS, SUGAR and SEA SALT to first smooth and then soothe you
- CUPUACU BIO SCRUBS 100% natural and organic, from the Cupuacu tree for moisture, radiance and elasticity
- SHEA BUTTER, GLYCERIN and SWEET ALMOND OIL three powerful moisturizers and HONEY and BANANA EXTRACTS (which smell, well, brilliant)
- Scoop out a handful, rub it between your palms, then massage in circles onto damp skin and join the BREAKFAST SCRUB™ club.
Smoothie Star Lightly Whipped Body Buttercream ($22)
- PISTACHIO OIL – Omega 3, Omega 6 and vitamin E to deliver super-moisturizing power
- ALMOND & COCONUT OILS – full of essential fatty acids to leave skin smooth, soft and supple
- SHEA BUTTER – rich, natural and easily absorbed to nourish and condition, and
- COCOA BUTTER – which melts at body temperature for a gorgeously silky hydration ‘hit’
- With GLYCERIN – to lock moisture in and natural miracle VANILLA to calm your skin.
I had the opportunity to try this and I admit I was a bit confused. I expected something with the name “Smoothie Star” to have a fruity scent since I associate fruit with a smoothie or something healthy like Kale, but that wouldn’t smell quite as nice as strawberries would it? Well beauties, Smoothie Star Lightly Whipped Body Buttercream smells like a vanilla cupcake with buttercream frosting–very foodie. My nose can detect some of the almond oil but not the coconut or pistachio. This scent is STRONG girls and it’s very sweet–almost sickening sweet to my nose. Enough about the smell, how is it on dry legs? I would give it a C. I adore the Righteous Body Butter and much prefer the traditional Soap and Glory pink scent over baked goods. Smoothie Star does a decent job of hydrating: where it needs improvement by absorbing faster–it leaves a slightly greasy feeling for longer than I like. Color me disappointed.
The last product in the lineup is Rich & Famous Super Creamy Dual-Use Shower& Bath Body Wash ($16)
M-SUDS™ MoistureBoost Technology – an exclusive cleansing system that suspends moisture molecules in the lather for a richly creamy, non-drying suds-up.
• SUPERSOFT-N™ – including naturally derived plant gums that leave skin velvety soft long after cleansing.
• GRAPE SEED OIL – high in essential fatty acids (EFAs) to soften skin.
• SWEET ALMOND OIL – intensively moisturizing.
• LACTIC ACID – with skin-softening alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs).
All of these products can be found at Sephora and Sephora.com
Bottom Line: if you like sweet, foodie scents, this is perfect for you! If you are like me and prefer something less sweet, try the Righteous Butter line.