In 2012 I discovered the TATCHA brand and nothing has made as significant a difference in my skin as TATCHA products.
The history of the TATCHA brand is steeped in tradition and rituals. The Japanese method of skin care involves ceremonies that focus on cleansing, massaging, nourishing, and protecting the skin via natural, time-tested botanicals and minerals. TATCHA Beauty prides itself on following the time honored ritual followed by the geisha. This ritual is suitable for all ethnicity’s and ages, but especially for those with combination skin seeking solutions for prevention and repair and older skin. The TATCHA line is ideal for women over 40!
The latest miracle product I’ve been using is TATCHA Radiant Deep Brightening Serum ($150) and it actually does what it’s supposed to! This serum is suitable for all skin types and especially effective for us over women 40 who can use some help with hydration, sun damage, skin clarity and radiance. Color correcting Licorice Root Extract acts as an inhibitor to help prevent hyperpigmentation before it starts, Jujuba Fruit Extract helps cell turnover improving existing age spots and Scuteellaria Root Extract prevents excess melanin production. One of the moisturizing ingredients using in TATCHA skincare is Squalane from olives as well as silk extract, a protein that forms a multi-functional protective film that dramatically increases the skin’s native moisture retention.
TATCHA’s Radiant Deep Brightening Serum is also formulated with HADASEI-3 Bioactive Complex–a proprietary anti-aging complex made with:
- Green Tea Complete DNA extract– extremely rich in EGCG and 14 times more potent than traditional green tea extracts and 5 times more potent than Vitamin C in protecting against UV-induced oxidative damage, a leading contributor to premature aging
- Okinawa Red Algae Extract – a natural polysaccharide proven to enhance skin’s barrier function for long lasting moisture retention.
- Japanese Rice Bran Extract – prized for centuries as a rich source of Inositol, a multi-tasking active which is a powerful antioxidant and nourishing moisturizer.
This serum is ultra lightweight, absorbs beautifully, is not greasy or drying and you only need a pea size for your entire face and neck. The pump dispenser is easy to use and sanitary.
After using this serum for only three weeks, my skin was noticeably brighter and clearer. When you look at your face in the mirror every day, changes can be hard to see, especially subtle changes and I’m not known for being the most observant person. Soooo, when I looked in the mirror one day and noticed a marked difference, I was thrilled and the only thing I had added to my skincare routine was TATCHA’s Radiant Deep Brightening Serum. That combined with TATCHA SUPPLE Moisture Rich Silk Cream and exfoliating regularly, I have seen a real improvement in my skin.
TATCHA products are pricey due to the unusual, hard-to-find ingredients but I think they are totally worth it. I’m only half way through the SUPPLE Moisture Rich Silk Cream and I’ve been using it day and night for about two months so it should last another two months. I’m sure the Radiant Deep Brightening Serum will last as long as well. These two products have made the biggest improvement to my skin this YEAR!
I would strongly suggest trying the TATCHA Sampler Set for $49. It includes:
6 trial-sized essentials + beauty papers:
– PURE Camellia One Step Cleansing Oil – 30ml | 1oz
– POLISHED Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder – 1 x 1g packets
– POLISHED Deep Rice Enzyme Powder – 1 x 1g packets
– RADIANT Deep Brightening Serum – 10ml | 0.3oz
– SUPPLE Moisture Rich Silk Cream – 1 x 1g packet
– AGELESS Enriching Renewal Cream – 15ml | 0.5oz
+PETAL FRESH Original Japanese Beauty Papers – 1 full sized pack | 30 sheets
Also for a limited time (don’t know the end date) you can get a free sample of the new Revitalizing eye cream with a $40 purchase!
TATCHA products are non-irritating, non-sensitizing, dermatologist tested, formulated without mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, sulfates, parabens, PEG’s, PPG’s urea, DEA, TEA and phthalates.
Availability is at select Barney’s New York locations and TATCHA.com
Prime Beauty Grade: A