Shiseido’s Artistic Director Dick Page has created a beautiful collection inspired by the stunning colors of the seascape–the sunset, sand dunes and seashells. Today we’ll take a look at one of the eye shadow trios–RD299 Beach Grass.
The collection includes two Eye Shadow Trios ($33):
- RD 711 Pink Sands – inspired by sand dunes with the colors of the setting sun, this harmony of 3 colors creates a sleek, elegant, impression for a dynamic and dramatic eye.
- RD 299 Beach Grass – inspired by the beach grass that grows on the site of a fort on Sullivan’s Island in South Carolina.
Beach Grass trio is an unusual but brilliant combination of colors. There is a shimmery eggplant purple with pink undertones, a gorgeous shimmery peachy gold and a soft eggshell white. These are neutrals with a fun twist but still elegant due to the delicate finish. There is a lovely sheen to them that makes eyes glow!
These shadows have an amazing buttery texture. They are highly pigmented and blend easily. I always wear an eye shadow primer and these shadows lasted a good 8 hours. The colors are soft and refined–even the white shade is a soft not stark shade. I know I will be wearing this palette a lot this spring and summer, it makes a nice change from the “bronze goddess” look we see so often in the summer.
Here is a look I did with the white on the brow bone, peachy gold on the lid, and purples in the crease.
Two shades of Luminizing Face Color:
- PK 107 Medusa – an illuminator with a delicate bluish radiance, this face color brings a lively transparency to the skin.
- OR 308 Starfish – this blush gives the naturally fresh look of sun-kissed skin.
Starfish Luminizing Face Color ($30) is a pretty peach with oh so subtle shimmer. This is an ideal shade for spring and summer, a soft peach that flatters my fair skin. This blush gives a very fresh, natural sun-kissed look. Packaging is a sleek black compact with a full mirror and a nice brush that is very usable.
15 shades of Perfect Rouge Lipstick: I will talk about these later. They are SO fabulous they deserve their own post! Here’s a sneak peek:
- BE 740 Vision – a modern rose beige, wearable, super chic
- RS 745 Fantasia – a deep, bruised rose, a dream of wine
- OR 341 Fleur – an optimistic bright coral shade, fun and sun!
- RD 346 Bedtime – a warm, romantic rose, subtle and bare
- PK 307 Tourmaline – clear, soft grey pink, freshness & clarity
- RS 711 Venetian Rose – deep grey rose, sophisticated & discreet
- RD 142 Sublime – all about daily glamor, and confident romance
- RS 320 Fuchsia – brilliant blue pink. Punk or couture?
- PK 343 Secret – a discreet, quiet peach, subtle and suggestive
- RD 304 Sweet Pea – fresh, soft red, clear, sweet and floral
- RD 514 Dragon – dramatic blood red, sexy and intense
- RS 347 Ballet – an ecstatic, energetic pink, electric, forceful
- OR 544 Tiger – an aggressive bold orange, it’s tiger!
- RS 448 Sensation – a dose of bright pink power! It’s all about energy
- PK 417 Bubblegum – bright warm pink, fun sweet
Shiseido is such an underrated brand. Their skincare gets lots of attention but the color line not so much. Don’t pass up the counter, you won’t be disappointed!
Bottom Line: superb quality, sleek packaging, just the right amount of sheen and unique well thought out shades.
Have you tried the Shiseido makeup line? Thoughts on the 2013 Spring collection?