As you are well aware by now, Emerald is the Pantone color of the year. I’m very proud of myself for going out of my comfort zone and adding green into my makeup wardrobe. I have, however, cheated a little bit and stuck mostly to pastel greens, especially mint in my makeup and fashion choices. Today beauties I’m taking my training wheels off and with Mally’s help I am flying solo into Emerald. Mally Beauty’s Citychick eye Shadow Palette in Central Park is ideal for my introduction to “real” greens and I feel safe with Mally guiding me. On my immediate (as opposed to down the line) bucket list is to meet Mally. I’ve been watching her on QVC forever and she seems SO real, down-to-earth, and a genuinely nice person. Older Girl Beauty has met her several times and she tells me I’m correct about that.
Anywho, the eponymous Citychick Eye Shadow Palettes ($40) are designed to give you the sultry, smoky eye Mally made famous and she promises you can do it yourself! There are 6 classic colorways: Brownstone, Midtown Merlot, Nolita Navy, Plum Chelsea, Skyscraper and of course Central Park. Notice how they are named after areas of New York City? Cute huh?
Discover the secret to gorgeous smokey eyes just like the ones Mally Roncal creates for her celebrity clients. Mally’s all-in-one eye kit has what you need for eyes that are smooth, real, and sexy – never heavy or fake. This all-in-one professional system makes smokey eyes 1, 2, 3 easy, but looks professionally done.
Central Park contains everything you need for an emerald smoky eye:
- an eye base/primer
- a shimmery beigey peach shadow
- a mid-tone shimmery green
- a deep emerald green
- a black eyeliner pencil
Mally’s Application Tips:
- Step 1: Smooth on the cream-to-powder base. This will help give the shadows staying power.
- Step 2: Start with the lightest shadow and dust your entire lid, from lash line to brow bone with it.
- Step 3: Next, take the medium shade and using a round shadow brush, apply it onto the lid, starting at the lash line and stopping just past the crease. Mally’s tip: If you have a flat eyelid, continue past the crease and blend up.
- Step 4: This time, use a flat shadow brush, take the darkest color and apply it all along your upper and lower lash lines. It’s important to blend well to avoid any visible edges.
- Step 5: Lastly, use the same dark color to line your upper lashes only.
The palette also includes easy to use instructions with all the steps so no worries–you always have a handy dandy guide at your fingertips.
The base/primer in the palette is a welcome addition. Even though I wear and eye shadow primer every day, it makes traveling with the palette even easier. The palette itself is a sturdy dusty sage green metal with Mally’s signature snake print and a full mirror. The palette comes with a black pencil eyeliner but no brushes. All the shadows are richly pigmented and smooth and they have a beautiful sheen to them. Perfect for over women, they have no glitter or are so shimmery that they emphasize crepiness on the lids. I love the way the lightest shade makes my eyes glow. The two green shades are almost duochrome in that they flash different hues in brighter light.
A smoky eye doesn’t have to be gray or black, why not embrace Emerald, the hottest color of the year and have some fun with it!
Bottom Line: everything you need for a sexy smoky eye in one kit!
Have you tried any of the Mally Beauty Citychick eye shadow palettes? Which colors?