The Beauty Spotlight Team is asking each of its members to reveal a little something about themselves through a series of questions. It’s my turn, I hope you don’t find me too boring! I love to engage with my readers so please leave me a comment and let’s chat! Here goes…
- 1. What is the last book you read? I really enjoy books and am a bit of a book snob. No Harlequin romances here! I can be transported to new cultures, different places on the globe and learn about things I may n ever be exposed to. I don’t have a lot of free time to read, but I try to squeeze in at least 15 minutes or more each night. I just finished The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. Wow, what a story! This is the kind of book that you can’t wait to get back to and find yourself thinking about during the day. Donna Tartt is an accomplished writer who develops her characters in a way that makes you feel you truly know them. I also learned a lot about art in the book. I recommend it!
2. Do you have a special talent? I’m a good mimic. Ever since I was a kid, I would imitate accents. I now have a good repertoire: posh British, Cockney, New Yawk, Southern Hillbilly, Southern Belle, Mexican, French and I’m working on East Indian. Some people laugh, some say it makes their ears bleed.
3. Do you have a guilty pleasure? Yes, what I call trash TV which is just about every reality TV show. Well, okay not EVERY one, but the other day I caught myself watching Mob Wives and I knew I had a problem.
4. What makes you feel beautiful? I feel beautiful on the outside when I have a good makeup and hair day. There is no certain combination of products, you just feel it when it happens and it’s fabulous! At the risk of sounding like a Miss USA contestant, I feel beautiful on the inside when I’m doing something for someone else. I have two sponsor children; one in Africa and one in the Philippines. When I get a card or letter from them I feel so blessed!
5. Are you a cat person or a dog person? I used to be a total cat person but in the last few years my allergies have gone wild so I am not able to have a cat or a dog!
6. How much time do you spend blogging per week? Too much! I’m still hopeless at time management so I spend 2-3 hours a night and more on the weekends. What you may not realize is that it’s not just writing a review; it also takes time to take pics, edit them, do research, and manage all my social network accounts.
7. If you were given a shopping spree at one store, what store would you like it to be? It would be Harrods in London and I totally stole than answer from Mostly Sunny! I have been there before so I would LOVE to go back since all I could afford at the time was a sandwich.
8. What type of product is the most fun for you to test and review? My cosmetic addiction centers around eyes hadow so that and lipstick are the most fun for me to review. But then, I like blush too….
9. Is there a category of products you like (or dislike) blogging about in particular? Skincare posts are very hard for me, it takes a long time to see results and for me, skincare is difficult to explain. Although I sometimes write about fragrance, I find that difficult too.
10. When you shop for makeup, skincare and perfume, do you do it with the blog in mind first and foremost– or with your own use in mind? Hmm, that’s hard. I’ll admit I usually purchase with the blog in mind, but then sometimes I don’t even end up writing about it so it varies. I will say, though that I always have the blog in mind first and foremost.
11. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? So many things! My very first memory of telling my mother what I wanted to be was a strawberry picker. I was about 5 years old and there was a huge strawberry field across from the grocery store my mother shopped at. Sometimes after we got the groceries we would go to the little strawberry stand and I loved the fresh berries so much I decided that’s what I wanted to be a strawberry picker when I grew up. In fact, I remember making the person at the stand promise me they would hire me when I was old enough. After that came an actress, nurse, teacher and marine biologist.
12. What is your greatest joy about blogging? Undoubtedly the friends I’ve made with other bloggers. Almost all of the bloggers I’ve met (online or in person) are extremely supportive or each other. Some of these friendships go beyond our blogs and I am thankful to have these women in my life! And…I still get excited when I new products are launched, when I’m not excited about what I do I’ll quit.
Welp, that’s me, anything that surprised you? I hope you feel you got a glimpse into knowing me better and I’d love to know all of you better too!