bareMinerals is adding 42 new permanent lip shades to their Marvelous Moxie line this month including lipstick, lipgloss and lipliners. Coverage ranges from full to sheer with vibrant to-die-for shades. Love me some Moxie!
When I worked in the buying office of a major department store, the President of the company once told me I had Moxie–he meant I could hold my own with vendors and negotiate a good deal without being taken advantage of. bareMinerals definition of Moxie is “shameless sass, all-out spirit, total passion overload with plenty of attitude to match.” Have you got Moxie?
A welcome addition to the line, the 18 vibrant shades of Marvelous Moxie Lipsticks ($18) are smooth and creamy and pack a punch of pigment with just one swipe. They are lightweight and glide effortlessly on the lips. They have a satin finish but are still nice and glossy.
- Go the Distance (tangerine smoothie)
- Light It Up (vibrant melon)
- Never Say Never (fuchsia pink)
- Risk It All (energetic magenta)
- Live It Up (cherry red)
- Live Large (berry rose)
- Lead the Way (rich plumberry)
- Call the Shots (rich scarlet)
- Stand Out (rosewood)
- Be Free (creamy pink nude)
- Make Your Move (soft neutral pink)
- Break Away (luscious mauve)
- Rise Up (luminous bronze)
- Finish First (caramel cappuccino)
- Fly High (lavender pink crème)
- Speak Your Mind (blushing pink)
- Get Ready (warm rosy pink)
- Raise the Bar (pearlescent raspberry)
I just love the powerful and empowering names! I had the opportunity to try Fly High, a cool creamy lavender/pink, Call the Shots, a cool true red, Go the Distance, a warm bright coral and Never Say Never, a neutral bright pink that screams summer.
The packaging is not the norm, the sleek black tube has a silver button that you slide down to release the lipstick bullet.
These really are a great formula and feel more like a lip butter on lips. For $18 and all those awesome color choices, you can’t go wrong!
Marvelous Moxie lipglosses are some of my favorite glosses on the market. Pigmented or sheer, I love the cinnamon scent and tingle. The doe foot applicator is angled slightly for precision and ease of application. bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipglosses ($18) are available in 14 glistening shades.
- Dare Devil (sparkling blackberry)
- Hot Shot (flamingo pink)
- Maverick (rosewood shimmer)
- Party Starter (fiery coral)
- Rebel (pink mauve)
- Risk Taker (chocolate shimmer)
- Show Off (baby pink)
- Smooth Talker (golden pink)
- Spark Plug (dusty pink pearl)
- Trail Blazer (nude gold)
- Game Changer (red carpet red)
- Stunner (pure magenta)
- Rule Breaker (sparkling nude)
- Ringleader (lavender pink pearl)
These are non-sticky and long lasting with super shine. Rebel is an opaque pink/beige, Dare Devil a gorgeous deep berry with shimmer, Party Starter a creamy coral and Ringleader a very sheer lavender/pink–this barely shows up on my pale lips but I think it would be very pretty as a lipstick topper.
bareMinerals didn’t stop and lipstick and gloss, oh no–they added 10 new Lipliners ($15) so we over 40 ladies don’t have to worry about feathering or bleeding lip lines. Thanks bareMinerals!
- Amped (perfect red)
- Energized (citrus coral)
- Jazzed (electric pink)
- Revved (rich raisin)
- Electrified (royal plum)
- Liberated (blushing almond)
- Thrilled (nude mauve)
- Pumped (toasted hazelnut)
- Empowered (dusty deep pink)
- Exhilarated (warm rose pink)
The shades are made to match the Marvelous Moxie Lipsticks so you’ll never have fading or migrating lipstick! These are surprisingly creamy thanks to the Vitamin E in the formula and they have “filling” spheres to help lips look fuller–something I desperately need! They come packaged in a slender twist-up pencil that even has a rubber grip for ease of application. It’s these little details that makes me a bareMinerals lover!
Bottom Line: a fabulous new launch from bareMinerals! I really appreciate that the entire selection is permanent. The texture of the lipstick/gloss/liner is excellent, the quality fantastic, the color range superb! What more could a girl ask for?
Prime Beauty Grade: A
Are any of these lively shades calling your name? Please do share!Pin It