The Summer 2012 campaign was designed and photographed by NARS Founder and Creative Director François Nars. Once again, the inimitable Ginta Lapina personifies the look.
To begin, St. Moritz Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF30/PA+++ was applied to the center of the face with the fingertips and blended outward, then set with Eden Loose Powder to create an immaculate complexion. To lend the skin a light bronzed look, Laguna Bronzer was dusted onto the face in the shape of a ‘3’, starting at the forehead, swept on to the cheek, and then along the jawline. The apples of the cheeks were warmed with Liberté Blush and the face further defined by softly dusting Taos Blush along the hairline.
A mixture of the silver and icy peach shades of Ramatuelle Trio Eyeshadow were brushed onto the lid and blended up into the crease. The apricot shade of the Trio was added in to the crease, with the silver shade swept along the lower lash line. The upper and lower lids were lined with Via Veneto Larger Than Life® Long-Wear Eyeliner. After curling the lashes with an eyelash curler, two coats of Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara were brushed on to the lashes.
Finally, the lips were lined and filled with Borneo Lip Liner Pencil—blending with a finger to soften the color. Moscow Pure Matte Lipstick was applied, then topped with Risky Business Lip Gloss for shine.
The collection includes:
- Calabria (plumy purple) This versatile, shimmering plum Soft Touch Shadow Pencil is the ideal complement for color on lids. Named for the region south of Naples, at the “toe” of the Italian Peninsula—it can be worn solo, as a base for powder shadows, or as a liner.
- Maria Galante
- Buenos Aires (peach) This wear-with-anything nude beige pink Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil is named after the capital of Argentina. It combines the ease of a pencil with the finish of a gloss for a truly versatile, quintessential modern classic.
- Never Say Never (dark pink red) Line, fill, then top with gloss—or don’t. This lilac rose Velvet Matte Lip Pencil delivers a look you’ll never say no to, however you choose to wear it. Isn’t this a Justin Bieber song???
- Vendanges – The French word for “harvest” or “vintage” perfectly describes this sheer grape Lipstick, as it conjures images of juicy, just-picked fruit off the vine
- Moscow This strawberry red Pure Matte Lipstick is as striking and sophisticated as the Russian capital that lends its name.
Trouville Nail Polish $18 The seashell pink nail hue would look right at home on the beaches of the fishing village in the Basse-Normandie region of northwestern France, for which it is named.
See anything you can’t live without beauties? On my list is the Liberte blush, the Ramatuelle Trio Eyeshadow! and maybe the Buenes Aires Velvet Lip Gloss Pencil. The Collection is available April 15 at narscosmetics.comPin It