New for Holiday 2014, Marc Jacobs has rounded up five of his best selling highliner shades along with two brand new, exclusive colors in the Limited Edition Sky-Liner 7-Pc. Petite Highliner Collection ($45). This exclusive set is centered around the signature shade of the season—Midnight in Paris—delivering eyeliner colors that are perfectly curated to complement the striking, runway-ready hue of inky indigo blue.
I had the opportunity to try two shades of Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayons when I got them as a gift with purchase (along with the MJ Dreamer Eye Shadow Palette) and was so impressed when I saw this set, I HAD to have it, especially with two new shades!
Marc Jacobs Highliners are are a gel formula in pencil form making them extremely smooth and creamy. They do not drag, skip or tug but rather glide on like Miracle Whip on bread. The lasting power is incredible–they do not smudge (unless you want them to) or budge for 12 hours!! The eyeliners are housed in a slim twist-up pencil with a detachable sharpener on the opposite end. The pencils in this set are mini’s–0.01 oz.
Here’s what’s included in this set:
- O(vert) – MJ dubs this forest green, but I beg to differ. It a very pretty and unique shade that has an olive base with a lighter cool green shimmer over top. I love complex shades and this fits the bill nicely.
- Brown(out) –this is a deep brown with subtle silver shimmer
- Th(ink) – I would call this a blurple. it has a deep base, with a blue purple shimmer. It’s a rich and stunning shade!
- (Plum)age – a vivid violet purple
- Blacquer – very deep, inky matte black, great for on the waterline
- Sunset – a glimmering warm gold
- Midnight in Paris – an indigo blue with shimmer
The standout shades for me are O(vert), Th(ink), Sunset, Midnight in Paris and (Plum)age–really, ENOUGH MJ with all the parentheses! I love all the entire set not only for the rich and unique colors, but for the outstanding texture and long lasting-ness. Hey, I made up a word! This set of mini’s is also an economical way to try the MJ Highliners; a single is $25 and this entire set is only $45. They are mini’s but I still think it’s a great bargain and an even better gift with the nice packaging.
Speaking of packaging: The Marc Jacobs limited edition Sky-Liner 7-Pc. Petite Highliner Collection comes in a sleek, black plastic case with the logo in silver lettering on the front, perfect for gift giving, although I’m not letting go of mine!
Bottom Line: Finally an eyeliner that does what it is purported to: “ waterproof, long-wearing, color-intense payoff.” Check, check and check! Grab this set before it’s gone, it’s limited edition!