I am proud to announce that I was selected to be a Brand Ambassador for Aveeno! I’ve always loved their products but I’m learning there is so much more to the company. Aveeno and it’s parent company, Johnson & Johnson still live by the company credo established in 1943–to deliver good health to:
- People through health and well being for all
- The Planet by creating a world without waste
- Business by being a trusted brand committed to sustainability
To get a jump on Earth Day, Aveeno is created a pop-up forest in one of the most famous urban environments in the world, New York City’s Times Square. On April 7 – 8, hundreds of trees were placed in the middle of New York’s concrete jungle, creating an educational, green oasis and marking the AVEENO Brand’s commitment to raising awareness for healthy living and environmental sustainability.
It’s all part of the launch of the AVEENO BE AN ACTIVE NATURAL™ program, which encourages people to make small changes in their daily lives that can add up to a positive impact on the environment. AVEENO is encouraging people to take one million steps toward a healthier, more sustainable earth in 2011, and will reward everyone who joins them on the journey. Aveeno is committed to creating a beautifully sustainable future through their products, their packaging and their corporate philosophies. Aveeno and Johnson & Johnson have reduced their CO2 emissions by 16% between the years of 1990 and 2009 . Waste generation is down by more than 30% since 2005. Sustainability and corporate responsibility have been a part of their culture since the 1930s. This is one company that lives their philosophy in an active way every day. Color me impressed!
So what kinds of things can YOU do?
- Plant a tree — In one year, one tree can turn 260 pounds of CO2 into clean oxygen
- Switch out regular light bulbs for energy efficient ones — Energy efficient bulbs use about 75 percent less energy and can save an average household more than $40.00 a year on the electric bill. I’ve been doing as my light bulbs have burned out and now all my bulbs energy efficient!
- One day a week ride the bus, carpool, ride a bike or better yet, walk to work. This small step can reduce an individual’s annual CO2 emissions by eight percent
By taking these small steps, not only are you helping the environment and our planet, but you can earn rewards from Aveeno! “Like” AVEENO on Facebook, at www.facebook.com/aveeno, and make pledges to earn points that will result in rewards, such as AVEENO product samples, coupons, tree seedlings and sustainable tote bags.
When each of us take small steps, we can make a beautiful difference!
Disclosure: Prime Beauty is an Aveeno Brand Ambassador. I was not compensated for this post but am proud to help them achieve their mission for a better and sustainable environment.Pin It