L’Oreal Miss Manga mascara has finally landed in the US and is causing quite a stir. You all know by now I have CCD (cosmetic compulsion disorder) which means I feel compelled to try every new cosmetic product that hits the market AND mascara is my “drug” of choice. So of course I had to try this new supposedly revolutionary mascara immediately if not sooner.
Admittedly I had no clue what Manga meant but after applying L’Oreal Miss Manga mascara I was sure it meant “clumpy lashes.” Oddly that is the goal…sort of. MANGA refers to Japanese comic books where female characters are drawn with long, thick, spiky lashes, purportedly to make them look innocent and wide-eyed.
Miss Manga did indeed make my lashes clump in a full- spiky kind of way which I wasn’t impressed with; after all I am not a Japanese Anime character nor do I want to look like one. It took me a few times of using the flexible wand to get used to it and to apply the mascara properly. The 360° flexor brush has a notch in the wand so you can bend it to get tiny lashes and hard to reach places. Personally, I think it’s a worthless gimmick and I am definitely NOT a fan of the flexible brush–it’s too wobbly to have any control! You have to work a little harder with this brush and really PULL it through your lashes–using a lash comb before applying the mascara will help minimize the clumping.
- you can achieve looooooong length–my lashes hit my sunglasses!
- your lashes WILL look thicker
- creamy formula–your lashes will feel conditioned not crispy
- the formula is easily buildable–this is 3 coats
- no smudging even with eye cream underneath
- removal is easy
- clumping–the more coats you apply the more clumps you will get. However, that’s the idea of this mascara; to give you spiky lashes!
- the brush is TOO flexible for me (you might feel differently)
- the brush can deposit too much all at once, you may need to wipe it off on a tissue
Bottom Line: if you like dramatic, mega volume, mega length lashes L’Oreal Miss Mange is for you! If however, you prefer a more natural look, stop here and turn back, Miss Manga will be too much of a drama queen for you. It is a bit addicting for a makeup junkie like myself. I love the look of long, bold lashes but not the spiky look so I am kind of on the fence about this one. The formula is fine, the brush is fine (though not preferred as far as I’m concerned), I do get great length but I’m not sure if my lashes look too thick and spiky.
I need your help, do you like L’Oreal Miss Manga on my lashes? Please vote yes or no in the comments.
Have you tried Miss Manga? Do you like the thick, spiky lash look?