As a frustrated wedding planner, I can appreciate this luxurious paring. Can you imagine the well dressed and beautiful babies this couple would have? That’s kind of what happened at the Oscar de la Renta Spring 2014 Bridal Show. Le Metier’s Director of Makeup, Mikey Castillo and LMdB’s team of expert artists created the look behind this year’s show. The combined look is so soft yet stunning that I am pushing my daughter to tie the knot and she doesn’t even have a boyfriend!
Fresh-faced, classical and elegant – someone in “the bloom of her beauty,” says Mikey Castillo. Using satiny shadows, fresh flushed pinks and glossy nudes, Mikey envisioned the look in the vein of Grace Kelly.
To create the satin lid look, Mikey used Dualistic Eye Pencil Champagne. “Use as a shadow base from lash-line to eye-bridge,” says Mikey.
- Next, layer on True Colour Shadow in Chameleon and Rose Champagne for soft femininity.
- Pull the lid look together with Precision Liquid Liner in Noir. “The important thing to remember is that the liner must be razor-fine. It must be tight and discreetly placed straight into the lash-line,” says Mr. Castillo.
- Apply Crème Fresh Tints in Coral Nymph high on the apple of the cheek for a youthful pink flush. Mikey’s tip: “The cheek color should appear pronounced, but still feminine.”
- Next, brush on Lip Crème Lip Gloss in Sweet Crème for a sheer, nude-pink pout.
- For the final touch, Mikey Castillo says, “Apply Classic Flawless Finish Concealer in chaste amounts, where needed. No other concealer works as flawlessly.”
For Mikey’s full beauty how-to on achieving Oscar’s bridal beauty look and a peek at the models from the show, visit their Tumblr page.