Every woman strives for flawless, even skin. Lancôme DreamTone ($98) is a new customized skin tone correcting serum ideal for us over 40 gals! Unfortunately, when you reach your 40′s, the skincare skins of your youth, like too much sun exposure, tanning beds (yes I admit it), not exfoliating enough (or at all) and generally not taking good care of your skin starts to show on your face. These “sins” can result in dark spots, uneven tone and color imperfections.
DreamTone is Lancôme’s newest generation of powerful skincare. This skin tone clarifying serum that not only corrects the look of dark spots, but also goes beyond to correct the appearance of uneven sin tone and color imperfections. The serum is formulated for three specific skin tones:
- Fair corrects the appearance of dark spots, uneven skin tone, dullness and provides specific color correction for redness.
- Medium corrects the appearance of dark spots, uneven skin tone, dullness and provides specific color correction for the look of sallowness (olive).
- Dark corrects the appearance of dark spots, uneven skin tone, dullness and provides specific color correction for the look of acne and blemish marks.
The magic ingredients:
- Hydroxy-Phenoxy Propionic Acid – a hydroquinone derivative that provides a multifaceted approach to evening skin tone and reducing the appearance of dark spots.
- Lyphohydroxy Acid (LHA)- a hydroxy acid that helps brighten the skin over time. Hydroxy acids are also great to improve skin texture.
- Dermochlorella (Chlorella Vulgaris Extract)- an ingredient extracted from green micro-algae.
- Eterniskin (Girfola Frondosa Fruiting Body Extract) – a derivative of Japan’s Maitake mushroom that is believed to have antioxidant properties.
These ingredients are combined with non-tinted light diffusing agents to give instant improvements to the skins radiance and texture.
- pearly light reflecting agents that instantly enlighten the skintone;
- composite pink and copper pigments that improve the homogeneity and uniformity of the skin;
- light diffusing particles that enhance transparency and sublimate the hue of the skin.
The texture is thin and light and absorbs well leaving skin looking radiant and feeling silky. It is non-sticky and non-greasy–in fact it feels like a lightweight face primer. For those with sensitive noses, it is worth mentioning that DreamTone does have a significant fragrance.
I’ve been using this morning and night for about 4 weeks and I started noticing a difference at about the 3 week. Lancôme claims that in an 8-week study, 74% of women saw glowing skin. While my skin has definitely improved, it wasn’t that quick. Honestly, I think most women who see results with any new skincare product after only 7 days probably didn’t have a good skincare routine to begin with. I have a skincare regimen I stick with so it takes me longer to see results.
After applying DreamTone in Fair, I then follow up with a vitamin C moisturizer. The improvements I’ve seen in my skin are:
- brighter, clearer skin
- improved texture
- brown spots have gotten lighter
I haven’t seen a noticeable difference in the redness in my cheeks but I do have a tiny bit of rosacea so I didn’t expect to see dramatic results without a prescription. The texture of my skin is smoother, my pores are less obvious, my skin looks bright, clear and nearly flawless! My wrinkles haven’t disappeared but my skin is even with a radiant glow. I normally get a facial once a month but my facialist and I have had conflicting schedules so I haven’t had one since late August. I’m loving the results of DreamTone so much, I may give up my monthly facials. This is the best my skin has looked in months!
The unique packaging deserves some attention too. The DreamTone bottle has a triangular shape to mimic the “three-in-one” principle of this unique treatment. The patented bottle combines a silver-twist lid making the delivery system efficient and ultra easy to use.
Bottom Line: Lancôme DreamTone has made a significant difference to my skin and I am very pleased with the results! I am often disappointed with major makeup brands in the skincare arena but not Lancôme, I also love the Genifique serum. It is a bit pricey, but I would rather pay for something that actually delivers on its promise rather than keep spending trying products that don’t. PERFECT for over 40 women! Bravo Lancôme!
This Friday, October 25th, get great skin for a great cause.
For the third year in a row, Lancôme is partnering with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital through the Génifique Day campaign. On October 25, $7 from the sale of every bottle of Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate or Génifique Yeux Light-Pearl Eye-Illuminating Concentrate will benefit the hospital. Last year, Lancôme raised over $200,000, helping to fund life-saving tests and necessities such as meals and family housing. But the benefits of your support are not completely selfless: Génifique is a powerful, highly rated formula that enhances radiance and visibly improves skin’s tone and texture. So mark your calendars, set your alarms—and make an impact!