Thursday night was another fantastic episode of Lifetime’s Project Runway All-Stars with new host, supermodel Carolyn Murphy, alongside series judges Isaac Mizrahi, Georgina Chapman and mentor Joanna Coles, former Editor-in-Chief of Marie Claire. Fashion designers Jeffrey Costello and Robert Tagliapietra served as guest judges for the week.
This week’s “Aerosol Art” challenge tasked the designers to create wearable art using spray paints. It was an interesting seeing the tips and tricks the aerosol artists gave the PR contestants. I was less impressed with the designers creations although I did like Althea dress. What I did like was the makeup provided by Laura Mercier! The judges announced Emilio Sosa as the winner. Below, please see the face chart and steps about how to recreate the winning model’s makeup look, pictured on the right.
- Prep skin with Laura Mercier Mega-Moisturizer Crème SPF 15 ($50).
- Then apply Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($32) to the entire face.
- Use Laura Mercier Oil Free Suprême Foundation ($43) as a base.
- Conceal any problem areas with Laura Mercier Secret Concealer ($22).
· Apply Laura Mercier Eye Canvas ($26) on the eyelid to create an even canvas.
· Next, brush Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Burnished Copper ($22) on the eyelid.
· Then layer Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Terracotta ($22) over the metallic shadow.
· To make eyes pop, use Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic ($38) on the inner corner and on the brow bone.
· Line lashes with Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony ($22).
· Add the final touch using Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara ($24).
· Contour the face with Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder in Sun Bronze ($32).
· Apply Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lush Nectarine ($24) to the apples of the cheek.
What do you think, it this look something you would wear?