If you’ve ever wondered how to get that perfectly smooth, doughnut shape, Marc Anthony created a full ‘how-to’ using the resourceful sock technique, as well as a fresh take with a textured, messy version. I simply adore the Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil and Dream Waves Beach Spray put curls in my stick-straight hair. Honestly I’ve liked every single thing I’ve tried from the brand.
This is the original classic; the one you would see prancing across the stage in a telling of Swan Lake. Have you ever wondered how to get that perfectly smooth, doughnut shape? Hint: Now you’ll find a use for those extra socks with a missing side. Tip: Using Oil of Morocco Argan Oil helps to tame frizz and stray hairs.
1. Once you have made the ponytail, take a sock (preferably one close to the color of your hair) and cut the entire toe section out of sock to that there is now a hole at both ends. Wrap the sock around the ponytail the same way you would a Scrunchie.
2. Take the ponytail and spread hair out evenly over the sock. Give it a soft spray with Hairspray and smooth it down a bit.
3. Start to roll and tuck the hair under the sock trying to get it as smooth as possible. Bobby pin the hair as you tuck it, until you run out of hair. You can softly smooth any kinks out with a bristle brush. Give it a nice spritz of Hairspray for hold and shine and voila! A perfectly polished bun.
Sometimes a girl wants to add a bit of edge to their classic look and the messy textured bun gives just the right amount, while remaining pretty.
2. Gather the hair into your hands and form a messy bun shape, pinning it in place without losing the untidiness and looseness of the look.
3. Adjust the fullness of the bun to your liking by gently tugging on some areas to loosen and position them, being careful not to pull the bun out completely. Give it one last burst with Hairspray and your done! A messy take on a classic.
I only wish my hair was longer so I could try this! Have you tried the ballerina bun? Will you now that you’ve seen how easy it is?Pin It