Photo Credit: Getty Images
Homeland really cleaned up at the Golden Globes and Claire Danes looked stunning with her sultry, smokey eyes and red dress. Laura Mercier global artistry director Matin Maulawizada did Ms. Danes makeup.
“I decided to go with a smoky eye and not a red lip since the dress is so red,” says Maulawizada.
He used Laura Mercier Caviar Eyeliner in Black along with Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony to define her eyes. He topped her lids with Laura Mercier Kohl Pencil in Black Gold to “intensify the depth and create a contrast to her blue eyes.” Maulawizada opted to skip false lashes, but coated Danes’s lashes with Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara instead.
To enhance her already flawless skin, Maulawizada used Laura Mercier’s famous Tinted Moisturizer Créme Compact and Secret Camouflage. He then used Créme Cheek Colour in Blaze and Bonne Mine Palette to “highlight, bronze, and make her even more glowy.”
A neutral lip color rounded out the look. “I was going for a pouty lip, à la an early ’90s supermodel pout,” says Maulawizada.
Photo courtsey of tartecosmetics
Another lady in red is Zooey Deschanel. She looks so lady like and a little more grown-up than usual. Celebrity makeup artist Jorjee Douglas created Zooey Deschanel’s look for the Golden Globes using all tarte. Inspiration: “We always love to go very 60s with Zooey’s makeup, so we look at Brigitte Bardot and Twiggy for inspiration. We went with a modern Zooey version that made her blue eyes pop.”
- She prepped Zooey’s skin the night before with tarte’s pure maracuja oil to keep her skin soft and glowy.
- To even out her complexion and ensure her foundation lasted she applied BB tinted treatment primer in fair.
- Next, she blended tarte’s maracuja miracle 12-hr foundation to add extra radiance to her complexion. To conceal any uneven skin she used tarte’s maracuja creaseless concealer underneath her eyes.
- She added a pop of color with tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in frisky to the apples of her cheeks.
- For a touch of shimmer, she applied maracuja blush & glow brightening lumiziner and cheek tint in candlelight to the tops of her cheekbones and set her t-zone with a light dusting of Amazonian clay finishing powder.
- For a strong and defined brow, she used a mixture of tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof brow pencil in taupe and medium brown.
- To make Zooey’s blue eyes pop, she started by blending the bronze shadows from tarte’s beauty & the box Amazonian clay eyeshadow quad in “in the buff” all over her lids.
- To create a cat-eye shape, she drew tarte’s multiplEYE lash enhancing liquid liner over her top lashline, with a dip at the outer corner.
- Inspired by Twiggy’s lashes, she painted on tiny lashes underneath her bottom lashes with the precise tip of multiplEYE lash enhancing liquid liner.
- She finished by applying two coats of lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 mascara to add major volume and drama to her lashes.
- Jorjee patted tarte’s glamazon pure performance 12-hour lipstick in bold over Zooey’s lips with her fingers to create a light stain and then went over it with LipSurgence lip luster in delighted to add extra shine.
I just love Connie Britton, she is such a natural beauty and I’m totally hooked on her new show, Nashville. I love how it combines a soap opera type plot with great music. Connie (like I’m on a first name basis with her) has the most gorgeous hair and her Golden Globes “Old Hollywood” look is striking.
Celebrity hairstylist, Rod Ortega, dampened Connie’s hair and prepped it with Leonor Greyl’s Serum de Soie Sublimateur on the ends, and then on the roots he applied Leonor Greyl’s Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice. He used both of these products together to guarantee healthy, high shine, and movable hair through the evening.
Rod then began blow drying the hair with a round boar brush, smoothing out the hair and finished drying it. Before using a heat styling tool, he recommends using Leonor Greyl’s Spray Structure Naturelle. “This setting spray is very important because it’s going to give the hold for the style.” Using a 1-inch curling iron and setting the hair with the setting spray, he let Connie’s hair cool and brushed the waves out with a large paddle brush into beautiful, shiny waves. He then secured the waves with Leonor Greyl’s Lacque Souple, a couple of pumps of the Leonor Greyl Spray Structure Naturelle… “and voila, you have a finished red carpet look!”
Leonor Greyl is available at www.leonorgreyl-usa.com
Kerry Washington epitomized chic at the Golden Globe Awards with a nude Miu Miu gown and blunt bangs. Makeup artist Carola Gonzalez complemented Kerry’s look with a bold eye—purple was the star shade—and a muted lip.
- Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation in Suede N 450
- New! Lancôme Blush in Pommettes D’Amour from the Spring 2013 Collection
- Lancôme Color Design Infinité 24H Eye Shadow in
- Evermore Lilac
- Lancôme Color Design Eye Shadow in Mochaccino
- Lancôme Artliner in Smoke
- Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara
- Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in 500 Blush
Makeup Artist Stephen Sollitto created a stunning look for Amy Adams, star of “The Master,” who was nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture. The look perfectly complemented her “ballet pink” Marchesa gown.
FACE: Sollitto prepped Adams’ skin using RèVive Moisture Serum Extreme ($350) to ensure the star’s skin remain moisturized throughout the red carpet and award show. Next, he applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 – Oil Free ($43) to give the skin a sheer hint of colour. To complete her flawless face and create a natural-looking glow, he applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Canyon ($24) to Amy’s cheek bones, followed by Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander ($24) to the apples of her cheeks.
EYES: Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Secret Concealer ($22) around Adams’ eye area to conceal imperfections. Next, he applied Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Sandstone ($22) to add a hint of natural colour. He then applied Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Twinkling Star ($22) to create depth and definition. Next, he blended Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Sable ($22) onto the top of her lids and under her bottom lashes. Sollitto lined Adams’ eyes using Dior Style Liner ($34) and applied Dior DiorShow Backstage Makeup Mascara ($25) to elongate her lashes.
LIPS: Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Plum Orchid ($26) to the star’s lips, and then completed the look by applying Laura Mercier Lip Glacè in Raspberry ($24).