Photo Credit: Getty Images
86th Annual Academy Awards
Nominee, Actress in a Leading Role, American Hustle
Makeup by Stephen Sollitto
Celebrity makeup artist Stephen Sollitto created a sophisticated makeup look for Amy Adams, who was nominated for “Actress in a Leading Role” for her portrayal of Sydney Prosser in “American Hustle.” He stated, “She wore a stunning sapphire blue Gucci gown, modern and clean. Obviously, I am inspired by this color and simply wanted the makeup to be just as sophisticated.”
Below, he breaks down the steps he took to create her flawless red carpet look.
- · Sollitto prepared Adams’ skin using RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream ($195). He stated, “I always moisturize with this product. This is the line I use on myself every day. Prepping the skin is just as important as the makeup you use.”
- · Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide (NEW – Coming Fall 2014) to create a flawless complexion. He noted, “This foundation is simple to apply with a wet sponge or your fingers. It’s long wear, oil free and lightweight. In the end it gives you a matte finish so you don’t have to dust your face with loose powder, it’s built in.”
- · Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Terracotta ($24) to Adams’ lids and contrasted the look by applying Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Black Karat ($24) under the star’s bottom lashes.
- · To keep Adam’s eyes looking ”bright,” Sollitto dotted his “ideal champagne shade,” Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Sugar Frost ($26) to the inner corners of Adams’ eyes.
- · He applied Nars Eye Paint Liner in Tatar ($25) along the star’s upper lash line to make them “pop.”
- · To finish, he applied Dior Black Out Mascara ($25) to Adams’ lashes.
- · Sollitto applied the perfect “spring-like blush,” Tom Ford Beauty Cheek Color in Ravish ($56) to create a look “that was flush with color.”
- · Sollitto noted that he wanted to achieve a lip look that was “pretty, a little bit rosy and glossy.” He used Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Cozy ($25) which he described as “having the perfect punch I was looking for.” He then layered Tom Ford Beauty Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Rose Crush ($45) over it “for a bit of glamour to match the day.”
Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014
March 2, 2014
Look by Monika Blunder for Laura Mercier
Makeup artist Monika Blunder created an “effortless, Parisian- chic” look for actress and model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Blunder was inspired by the youthfulness and glamour of Huntington-Whiteley’s dress, and kept her makeup looking “fresh.”
· First Blunder prepped the skin with Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer, ($33).
· Then, using her fingers, she applied Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide (launching Fall 2014) all over her face.
· To ensure her makeup stayed in place all night, she applied Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent, ($35).
· Using Laura Mercier Bronzer Brush, ($45) she applied Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder #3, ($36).
· Next, she applied Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic, ($40) to add a beeautiful glow to her skin.
· First, Blunder applied Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Buff, ($25) onto Huntington-Whiteley’s eyelids.
· She added definition to her eyes using Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Café au Lait, ($23).
· Then she lined her Huntington-Whiteley’s eyes using Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Stormy Grey, ($20) in an outward motion to create a cat eye. She used the Laura Mercier Smudge Brush, ($24) to soften the line.
· To intensify the smoky-eye effect, Blunder applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Cocoa, ($26) with the Laura Mercier Pony Tail Brush, ($29).
· Using a clean Laura Mercier Pony Tail Brush, ($29), she applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Ballet Pink, ($24) on the inner corner of her eye and eyelid.
· Next, Blunder used the Laura Mercier Eye Crease Travel Brush, ($29) to apply Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Café au Lait, ($23) along the lower lashline.
· After curling Huntington-Whiteley’s eyelashes with an eyelash curler, she applied generous coats of Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara, ($24).
· Finally, she groomed her brows using the Laura Mercier Brow Grooming Brush, ($10) andadded extra definition using Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil in Ash Blonde, ($22).
· Blunder lined Huntington-Whiteley’s lips using Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Baby Lips, ($22) and then applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Royal Orchid, ($27) to create the bold pout.
Love both of these pretty, fresh looks, what do you think?