Last night when I was watching E News! Live from the Red Carpet pre-show to the Screen Actors Guild Awards, I was mesmerised by Claire Danes as she was talking to Giuliana Rancic. The one thought that kept going through my mind was “I wish I knew what her lip color was” and low and behold I have the all the deets on her sultry look from Matin Maulawizada, Global Artistry Director for Laura Mercier. What’s even crazier, is that the lip color is actually two lip pencils–these makeup artists are geniuses!
- While she was getting her hair done, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Lip Silk ($22) to Danes’ lips to smooth and nourish them.
- Once her hair was complete, he contoured and shaded the lips using Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Coffee Bean ($20) followed by Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Deep Wine ($20).
- First, Maulawizada prepped Danes’ skin using Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($32) to create an even canvas and ensure her makeup stayed flawless throughout the evening.
- Then, he applied Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum ($80) generously over her cheekbones.
- Next, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation in Warm Ivory ($50) to lighten Danes’ complexion.
- On her cheeks, he applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze ($24) followed by Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent ($35) to set the look.
- Maulawizada defined Danes’ eyes by applying Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine ($22) to her lash line. One of my favs!
- Then, he layered a combination of Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Rose Gold ($22) and Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Burnished Copper ($22) on her eyelids. I ADORE both these shades, especially for blue eyes!
- Next, he applied Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic ($38) to further enhance the eyes.
- Maulawizada added the final touch of glamour by applying multiple coats of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara ($24) to Danes’ upper lashes.
One of the prettiest makeup looks for me was Julie Bowen, I really liked her dress too. Can you believe her makeup is by Avon?
Makeup artist Heather Currie complemented Julie’s stunning sultry black leather dress with a subtly sexy cat eye and a soft, romantic pink lip. Here are Heather’s steps to get the look:
- Currie kept Julie’s skin looking dewy and fresh by applying Avon Be Blushed Cheek Color in Powder Pink on the apples of her cheeks.
- Currie used Avon Irresistibly Sexy Eyeshadow Palette in Bombshell to bring depth and smokiness to Julie’s eyes and added a little shimmer to pick up the glimmer of the jewels on Julie’s dress.
- The inner rims of Julie’s eyes were lined with Avon Glimmersticks Eyeliner in Cosmic Brown, and the tops of her eyelids with Avon Ultra Luxury Eyeliner in Black. She then smudged the black liner into Julie’s eyeshadow to create a subtle cat eye and finished the look with a few coats of Avon SuperExtend Extreme Mascara in Black. These eyeliners are awesome, read my post about them here.
- In order to create a romantic lip that would complete Julie’s look, Currie swiped two coats of Avon’s NEW Totally Kissable lipstick in Lovey Dovey on Julie’s lips. No gloss was used in order to keep the lip color soft and rich at the same time.
Jessica Chastain looked stunning and seemed so nice. I’m in awe of those diamonds! Here’s the breakdown of her classic look:
For the face:
YSL’s Le Teint Touche Éclat in “B40,” $55: An SPF-infused foundation that targets shadowy areas, highlights countours, perfects texture, and evens the complexion.
Lancôme’s Blush in Love in “Peche Joue-Joue,” $49: This punchy peach shade comes in an adorable rose-adorned package and is designed to flatter every single skin tone.
For the eyes:
Giorgio Armani’s Eyebrow Defining Pencil, $29: A high-definition eyebrow pencil that’s both super-soft and precise.
Lancôme’s Color Design Eye Shadow in “Filigree” and “Snap,” $19: To get Chastain’s look swipe “Filigree” (a pale gold shimmer) all over the eyelid, then add “Snap” (a shimmery violet plum) to the crease and corners.
Lancôme’s Liner Design Gel EyeLiner in “Black Fishnets,” $24.50: Perfect for sharp, defined lines, this rich gel liner glides on effortlessly and is both smudgeproof and waterproof.
Lancôme’s Hypnôse Star Mascara, $28: Inspired by the iconic Betty Boop, this mascara features a dual-action brush with a flat side for coating bottom lashes and a round side for separating, defining, and lengthening.
For the lips:
YSL’s Rouge Volupté Shine in Rouge in “Danger,” $34: One of our all-time favorite products, this lipstick glides on like a gloss but seals in color for hours.