The question I get asked most often is– what is your #1 beauty tip? My answer is always the same–get yourself a set of makeup brushes. Honsestly, most of the brushes that are included with makeup (with a few exceptions), you may as well as throw away. Good makeup brushes can make the difference between looking like Mimi from the Drew Carrey show and Angelina Jolie.
Okay, so maybe I exxagarate a bit, but you get the message. Makeup artists carry their “tool belt” just like a carpenter. Good quality well made brushes will last forever, that being said, good quality doesn’t necessarily have to mean expensive. I received the SPAresource Pro-Series On-The-Go Eye Essentials kit.
This 6-piece kit retails for $15 and includes:
- EYE SWEEP BRUSH: use to apply and blend pressed or powder eye color to the eyelid and and makes a great brush to do a wash up to the brow bone.
- ANGLED EYE SHADOW BRUSH: use to define contour and blend color. I love using this in the crease!
- CREAM SHADOW BRUSH: use to pick up the perfect amount of cream color for easy and precise application.
- EYE SMUDGE BRUSH: use to diffuse color lines around the eye for a soft, smoky effect.
- LINER & BROW DEFINER: use to line eyes with shadows or gel liners and to fill out, shape and define eyebrows. This brush is little too stiff for eyeliner, but fab for brows!
- BROW & LASH DEFINER: use comb and brush to keep brows and lashes neat, clean and in place.
This is a great little eye brush set for a beginner. The bristles are soft and dense and the handles are short which makes them very easy to manuver. The addition of the cream eye shadow brush is an unexpected delight–most sets do not include a brush like this. It is made of synthetic hair designed to pick just the right amount of cream product and can also be used as a concealer brush. The other brushes are made of natural hair.
Right now for a limited time, SPAresource is offering 20% off the Pro-Series Cosmetic Brush Collection! All orders over $30 receive free shipping.
To help you get started on your brush collection, I’m giving away a SPAresource Pro-Series Powder Brush. This giveaway is open to residents of the US and Canada over 18. To enter, simply tell me your favorite makeup brush–if you don’t own any, tell me which brush you would like.
To Gain Additional Entries:
- Become a new subscriber to Prime Beauty RSS feeds
- Like Prime Beauty on Facebook
- Become a new follower on Twitter @PrimeBeauty50
- Retweet this giveaway: Follow @PrimeBeauty50 & RT to Win A Powder Brush from SPAresource! http://bit.ly/fUrgoq
- Like SPAresource on Facebook
- Follow SPAresource on Twitter
- Grab my badge and post it on your website (3 entries)
- Share this giveaway on Digg, del.icio.us, StumbleUpon, or Technorati
I use freegretchen for all my giveaways. Good luck everyone