While I pride myself on being a unique individual the majority of the time, when it comes to good makeup, especially a good lipstick, I’m an admitted Sheeple. A mix sheep and people, the term “Sheeple” designates people unable to think for themselves. Followers. Those with no cognitive abilities of their own. Sheeple tend to accept and take statements at face value, especially if it is cited in mainstream media. By doing so, Sheeple undermine their own individuality and may willingly give up their rights.
Nearly every beauty blogger on the planet has raved about Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters so like a good Sheeple, when they FINALLY arrived at my local Rite Aid, I dutifully bought a few to try. Lemme tell ‘ya a secret beauties, when THAT many bloggers give outstanding reviews, they are usually right. So is the case with Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters–they’re THAT good. What’s all the hoopla about? Well, for starters they come in 20 shades!
- Tutti Frutti – A bright coral
- Cupcake – A light pink with a blue-base
- Cotton Candy – A sheer pale pink
- Gumdrop – A lilac shade with a slight shimmer
- Berry Smoothie – A medium pink with hints of purple
- Cherry Tart – A sheer warm red
- Lollipop – A bold fuchsia
- Strawberry Shortcake – A medium-toned pink – very wearable
- Creme Brulee – A light tan
- Peach Parfait – A shimmery peach
- Pink Truffle – A browned rose
- Red Velvet – A smooth brick red
- Sugar Plum –A plummy pink
- Creamsicle – A very pale, creamy tan
- Brown Sugar – A soft pinkish brown
- Fig Jam – A rich dark brown
- Sugar Frosting – Pale beige pink with shimmer
- Candy Apple – A bright red
- Raspberry Pie –An opaque fuchsia color
All the colors are so yummy it was hard to choose but the clear top helps you see the shade. Speaking of packaging, Revlon’s Lip Butters are housed in a plastic translucent tube with a quilted pattern on them. The tube itself is silver and reminds me of a department store brand, Clinique perhaps? Anyone? I chose only two, Berry Smoothie and Peach Parfait and after wearing them for a week I want more. When I purchased mine they were BOGOH (buy one get one half off) so I think I paid $11.25 for two–not bad huh? They retail anywhere from $7-8 each.
What appeals to me about these lipsticks is that while they feel as moisturizing as a balm, they are pigmented enough to show some real color on the lips. They are NOT a tinted lip balm. I even get a slight stain effect from Berry Smoothie if I use it all day. And… they’re not sticky! Yay! They have good shine, feel very smooth and are easy to apply, plus they’re cheap, cheap!! Lasting power is somewhere in between a lipstick and a gloss. I honestly haven’t found a drugstore lipstick I like better in a long, long time. I’m sorry I don’t have pictures to share–my internet connection has been wonky and I’ve been visiting friends just to get these posts up! Trust me, there are PLENTY of pics out there–just google Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters.
- large color selection–pinks, coral, nudes, reds–brights to neutrals
- the texture is super smooth and like the name, buttery
- soothing ingredients—coconut, mango, jojoba oils and shea butter
- non-sticky, non-drying
- good pigmentation–on my pale lips, these leave behind a slight stain
- nice shine
- packaging–color matched to the shade and I like the clear top so you can actually see the shade
- ?? Can you think of any?
Overall Thoughts: sometimes the Sheeple are right to follow the trends! I’m very impressed with Revlon’s Colorburst Lip Butters and am looking forward to picking up several more shades on my next trip to the drugstore. In fact, I’m going to make a special trip just for these….in…the…..SNOW!!
Prime Beauty Grade: A what’s not to like? Go forth Sheeple, follow the trend and baaaaaah some Colorburst Lip Butters now!!!