Neutrogena launched a new line ideal for women over 40–Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair ($20). The products feature a unique ingredient called Accelerated RA Retinol. Accelerated Retinol SA is a unique combination of the following ingredients – Retinol SA, Glucose Complex and Hyaluronic Acid – brought together to create the fastest retinol formula available.
- Retinol SA helps smooth wrinkles fast and diminish the look of age spots. Retinol SA is scientifically proven superior to other forms of Vitamin A, such as Pro-Retinol and Retinol Palmitate, in its ability to penetrate the skin’s surface.
- Glucose Complexis a Retinol SA booster that accelerates skin’s activity for rapid results on the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hyaluronic Acid adds moisture to hydrate, plump up lines and replenish and rejuvenate the look of skin.
Neutrogena claims the women in the double blind 8-wk study (who incidentally were aged 40-69) saw more improvement in their skin with Rapid Wrinkle Repair as compared to a department store brand moisturizer.
There are three products in the line:
- Rapid Wrinkle Repair Day SPF 30
- Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night Moisturizer
- Rapid Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream
I’ve been using the Rapid Wrinkle Repair Day Moisturizer SPF 30 and I really, really like it. Neutrogena claims you will see results in just one week. That’s a pretty strong statement. I agree with a qualifier–I saw improved clarity and brightness in one week–I still haven’t seen a marked decrease in my wrinkles after a month of use–they are smoother, but not gone. I’ve been using it twice a day in the AM and PM and my skin is definitely softer and the texture is better. Perhaps the thing I like best is how bright, clear and smooth my skin it–and it feels wonderful. When I wash my face, I’m amazed at how soft and supple it feels. I love the generous SPF of 30 with no white cast to the skin. I also like the fact that is absorbs very fast with no greasy residue–most moisturizers than include SPF feel heavy and greasy on the skin–so not the case here. I experienced no stinging, burning or redness, though more sensitive skin should be careful and do a test before using daily.
Bottom Line: I try a LOT of skincare and Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturiser gives good results and a very reasonable price. While no miracle product for erasing lines and wrinkles, but it does a great job for improving brightness, clarity and adding hydration. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair SPF 30 excels at smoothing skin and improving texture. Even with the addition of SPF 30, the lotion is still lightweight and non-greasy. A very good product with nearly instant results (in some areas) at an awesome price. I didn’t expect a miracle, so I am very happy with the results. Retails for around $20 at drugstores nationwide which is a whole lot cheaper than department store moisturizers!