The Ellen Lange Retexturizing Peel Kit ($68) is an effective, yet gentle, exfoliation process that removes dull surface cells to reveal healthy new skin. This peel kit combines glycolic, microbeads and enzymes to create an extremely effective at home peel. It is designed to:
- Minimize fine lines and wrinkles
- Even skin tone
- Eliminate dry patches
- Minimize pore size
- Control periodic breakouts
The Kit contains:
Product for 8 peels (less than $10 per peel) & 2 month supply of glycolic pads
- Peel Prep (2 oz.)
- Peel Accelerator Pads (60 pads)
- Glycolic Peel Solution (1.5 oz.)
- A fan brush for applying the peel
1. Peel Prep Scrub: Cleanse face and apply to slightly damp skin. Gently massage in a circular motion over entire face for 30-60 seconds. Leave on for an additional minute. Rinse well with water and pat dry. This scrub has small, extra fine round beads suspended in an orange gel. The beads are scattered throughout the gel–the only way you could overdo it would be to scrub too hard or too long.
2. Peel Accelerator Pad: Gently wipe textured pad over entire face to accelerate exfoliation. Allow solution to completely dry. These can also be used nightly after cleansing. The pad smells strongly of menthol, similar to Vicks Vapo Rub. I didn’t experience any burning or stinging but there is a warming of the skin. Make sure to keep away from the eye area–the smell is strong.
This peel was fun to use and left my skin feeling soft and velvety smooth. The rough spots on my chin and nose instantly looked and felt smoother. I always follow up a peel with one of my heavy duty moisturizers.
The next morning my skin looked clear, smooth, more even and radiant. My pores look smaller, my skin tone more even and my skin brighter. I don’t know if my freckles and age spots blended into each other or are just minimized, but my skin looked really, really good! Of course this doesn’t last which is okay because Ellen Lange recommends using once a week, so by the time your glow is fading, it’s time for another peel! This is great peel for exfoliating, creating and maintaining a healthy radiant glow for over 40 women. If you’re looking for a peel that will reduce lines and wrinkles, you will probably need something stronger with a higher percent of glycolic acid. Most over the counter peels do not go over 20% GA, so you will need to see a dermatoligist or an esthetician. –I’m used to 30% at my facialist’s office.
You do need to follow the directions to get the best results. I left the foam from the first phase on too long so it didn’t foam again the second time. Also, make sure to let the peel pads dry completely before applying the glycolic solution.
Bottom Line: I’ve reviewed many peels and this is among the best at home peels ever! It’s fun to use, leaves my skin glowing without irritation, and is fairly economical–there are enough peels in the kit for 8 weeks which works out to roughly $8.50 per peel. I honestly don’t think there is enough percentage of glycolic acid to effect lines and wrinkles but it does a great job at brightening and retexturizing over 40 skin!
Prime Beauty Grade: A the Ellen Lange Retexturing Peel Kit is highly recommended!Pin It