My birthday is this week but The Boyfriend was in town last weekend so we went out to dinner then. There is a fantastic steakhouse pretty much out in the middle of nowhere that has the best steaks on the planet cooked over an open fire. It’s not a fancy place–the “decor” if you can even call it that is ages old and done in a cowboy theme. It doesn’t have sawdust on the floor but it might as well have. People put up with the lack of ambiance and high prices because the food is THAT good.
Regardless of the setting, I took the opportunity to wear my new limited edition Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour. You might recall a lot of love given to these eye shadows by several bloggers in the last Makeup Wars-Best of the Holiday Metallics. Immediately after the glowing (literally) reviews I purchased Gilded Rosegold and Gilded Bronze. Now I want Gilded Moonlight too but that’s another story.
Laura’s Illuminating Eye Colours are truly perfection. They are smooth as buttah, glide on lids and have a lovely pearly sheen that is totally appropriate for the over 40 woman. They are packed with pigment, creamy in texture (almost bouncy) and sparkle softly. There are four shades: Gilded Moonlight, Gilded Bronze, Gilded Platinum and Gilded Rosegold (only available on the LM website) and they are all limited edition. Gilded Bronze was a bit of a disappointment to me because, it’s not bronze. It’s a grey-brown taupe but I got over it because it is gorgeous on the eyes. I’m amazed that unlike the Laura Mercier Mini Baked Trio palettes, there is no fallout with these shadows. Let me tell you, a subtly sparkly eye shadow with a creamy texture and no fallout is most desirable and RARE!
Gilded Rosegold is not rose gold–it’s a metallic copper definitely leaning orange rather than brown or red. Even The Boyfriend noticed my eyes. This is the same man that took three weeks to notice a new hairstyle! In the dim light of the restaurant he thought it was gold but I patiently explained “no honey, my nails are gold, my eyes are copper.” He then asked me to hold my finger up to my eye and he agreed I was right. He knows I’m ALWAYS right and that’s why he’s still my boyfriend. I digress.
For my glitzy look I used:
- SENSAI Fluid Foundation–my trick for flawless skin
- bareMinerals Correcting Concealer in light –SO creamy and moisturizing!
- tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Thrilled from the holiday palette The Big Thrill
- tarte Highlighter in Angelic from the holiday palette The Big Thrill
- Laura Mercier brow pencil in Blonde–my 4th pencil, I repurchase it that much
- MUFE Eye Prime
- The pale icy white shade as highlighter on the brow bone in the tarte Big Thrill Palette.
- Laura Mercier Limited Edition Petite Baked Eye Colour Trio in Golden Metallics. I used the gold shade wet on the lids.
- Laura Mercier Limited Edition Illuminating Eye Colour in Rosegold I used this shade wet in the crease fairly heavily.
- Laura Mercier Limited Edition Petite Baked Eye Colour Trio in Golden Metallics I used the metallic olive as liner.
- CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara layered under Lancome Star Hypnose Mascara.
- Sally Hansen Revers Lip Liner–SO important to keep lipstick from bleeding, especially with reds
- Estee Lauder New Pure Color Lipstick in Cherry Passion – this is really a fuchsia on my lips
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in Garnet Desire Shimmer – a palish red gloss with slight shimmer
- The Estee Lauder lipstick and gloss are from the Michael Kors set I reviewed here.
And because I like to GIVE presents on my birthday, the first person to guess my age will win a Laura Mercier Limited Edition Petite Baked Eye Colour Trio in Golden Metallics, reviewed here. All my close friends and relatives are excluded–you know who you are. Leave me a comment and the FIRST person to correctly guess will win! I hope all your birthdays are as filled with wonderful family and friends as mine!
P.S.-this picture has NOT been photoshopped or edited in any way. I should have but I didn’t.Pin It