Well beauties, it’s my turn to be dropped off on the Beauty Spotlight Team’s Desert Island. I’m only allowed 12 products to bring with me (those girls are so mean) but they have supplied me with sunscreen and lip balm.
I’m secretly excited about this trip–I’m hoping I meet some good looking chiseled native man with a sensitive side who likes over-the-hill, overweight, mouthy, opinionated, high maintenance women. I KNOW he doesn’t exist but we’re kind of suspending belief here okay? Just go with it.
Even though I have been provided with sunscreen, I don’t want my face to turn into a Shar Pei.
1. Dorfman Pacific LP157 floppy sun hat ($25). This pretty and chic natural straw hat has a wide stripe that comes in four different colors: turquoise, black, tea and fuchsia. Why do I need this particular hat? It’s lightweight and packable–you can even crush it and it doesn’t lose it’s shape. The best part though is that it has SPF 50 sun protection!
2. CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara – coat after coat and no clumps plus I get amazing length with this mascara. Read my full review here.
3. Anastasia Lash Genius – I’m going to be spending a lot of time in the water, so I don’t want mascara all over my face. Lash Genius turns any mascara waterproof without making lashes crunchy. I started using this when I started my water aerobics class and no drips or smudging. This stuff really, really works!
4. Le Metier de Beaute Blush Kaleidoscope – Ha! Did you see how I did that? I got 4 awesome blushes in one compact! This beautiful and balanced combination of shades creates an effortless, feminine glow. I’m going to need that to entice my native dude. The four-in-one stacked palette includes a satin peach, a matte rose pink, a shimmery highlighter and a cool pink. Each shade is finely-milled for adjustable coverage, transparency and intensity.
5. & 6. Lancôme Baume In Love in Urban Ballet & Coral Electric – A medium pink and a pretty pale coral are all I need for lipsticks. What is so dreamy about these though, is the texture is just like a lip balm but they are pigmented like a lipstick. I adore the way they feel on my lips and I DO need to keep my lips kissable for my island man. Muah!
7. Tarte Splash Waterproof Eye Liner – From the Aqualillies Collection, comes a stunning waterproof eye liner–Splash! Splash is a gorgeous green/blue teal with shimmer. It comes with a double-ended liner brush–one end is angled for easy application. It is über waterproof, it was still there after my shower! I love this shade–even if I have no other eye makeup on, this will make my eyes stand out so I get noticed by you-know-who.
8. The Wet Brush – my fine hair gets tangled after a shower, so you can imagine how I would fare with sand, salt and wind! The wet brush glides though my tangled tresses with ease and no pulling or breakoff! Definitely desert island worthy.
9. Reviva Labs Light Skin Peel–I’m sure with the arid climate my skin is going to dry out fast so I’ll need to make sure I’m exfoliating to eliminate those dry dead skin cells. This peel is gentle but effective and I don’t even need a mirror to apply and rub off!
10. Kiehl’s Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Cream– this will not only keep my skin moisturized but will help me regain some of the essential minerals I’ve lost from only eating coconuts and bananas. It’s perfect for us more mature gals needing to firm, hydrate and minimize wrinkles because it really works! If only they made in a Vat size, I could use some uh, firming in other places as well.
11. Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum – my skin is going to be drier than the Sahara so I will need this hyaluronic serum to keep moisture in. Hyaluronic acid provides continuous moisture to the skin and can bind up to 1000 times its weight in water! This highly concentrated serum plumps up fine lines and helps the skin retain it’s natural moisture balance. As we age, the ability of our skin to produce HA decreases, making HA a MUST for over 40 women (especially on a certain desert island). This serum has a gel-like texture that absorbs instantly leaving NO greasy residue and it’s fragrance-free. I’ll be wearing lots of plumeria and gardenia in my hair so I won’t have to worry about perfume. Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum is not only highly effective, but it’s reasonably priced too! A 1 oz. bottle is only $22. My skin will be soft and glowy for Island Man.
12. Mally Evercolor Shadow Sticks – I was really trying to go natural, but I suppose there may some nights that my island man and I might want to just build a fire and stare into each others eyes. Or have a romantic torch-lit dinner on the beach. After he professes his undying love and devotion, he tells me how he adores the tinkle of my laughter, how my smile makes his heart glow and how he wants no more out of life than to serve my every need and spend the rest of his life seeing to my every happiness, I just might shed a tear…or two. I’ll be so happy I’m wearing one of my Mally Evercolor Eyeshadow Sticks because my makeup will stay put and I will look marvelous while crying at how committed my island man has become in such a short time.
What are your desert island must haves? Oh excuse me, Pablo (my island man) is calling, I need to go the hut and get ready for…..