Anastasia Soare can be called a brow maven; for years she has shaped the brows of Hollywood’s elite in her Beverly Hills Salon. Over the years she has achieved iconic status in the beauty industry for her unique way of shaping the eyebrows and enhancing the eye area. Brows are often overlooked or not cared for (believe me, I’m guilty) but brows frame the not only the eyes but can bring attention to the whole face. I used to get my brows done at the Anastasia bar at Nordstrom, but they discontinued the service to make space for more makeup brands. My dream is to go to Anastasia’s Beverly Hills store and have a consultation with her; I think my brows are lopsided and I don’t know what to do about it other than permanently tilt my head. Thanks be to the makeup gods for Anastasia’s signature line to help me achieve symmetry.
The Anastasia Beauty Express Kit ($38) – has everything you need to create the Anastasia look at home. The kit includes:
- Brow Wax Cream
- Eyeshadow Duo
- 2 Brow Powders
- 5 brow stencils
- Angled brush
Using the kit is easy–just 5 steps:
1. SELECT THE STENCIL that fits the most of your natural brow hair through the cutout. Align stencil with points “A” and “B”, making sure the top burgundy line rests parallel on the forehead. A is the point through the center of the nostril directly up to where it intersects the end point of the stencil cutout. B is the point through the edge of the nose diagonally to the opposite end of the stencil cutout. The Medium Arch stencil was the one that matched my natural arch the best. If the stencil doesn’t match exactly, you’ll know where to fill in or pluck.
2. APPLY THE BROW WAX CREAM using the brow brush first to help the brow powder adhere. Clean brush of any excess wax.
3. ALIGN THE STENCIL TO BROW and apply brow powder to the open area using the brow brush.
4. REMOVE THE STENCIL and tweeze hair outside the powdered area. I didn’t do this step in these pictures.
5. APPLY SHADOW to enhance brow bone, lids and inner corners of eyes. The kit comes with both matte and shimmery champagne eyeshadows. I used the matte as a base and then applied the shimmer shade from lash line all the way up to the eyebrow.
The stencils are a fabulous idea, especially for women over 40 who may have overplucked or are experiencing thinning brows. I’ve never had my brows professionally shaped and I like said, they have always felt lopsided to me, so the stencils are a very useful tool for me. After trying them out, the Medium Arch stencil is the one that mimics my natural brow line the best. The brush is fantastic! The angle is perfection, it’s stiff enough to stand up to coarse brow hair but not so stiff it’s uncomfortable. I finished my eyes with the Stila Smudge Stick eyeliner in Blue Ribbon and Chanel Inimitable Intense mascara in black.
Beauties, wouldn’t you like an Anastasia Beauty Express Kit of your very own? Of course you would! One lucky Prime Beauty reader will win this kit, just follow the directions in the Rafflecopter widget below–it may take a few minutes to load.