I wrote about my experience with Poise Microliner as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #PoisewithSAM, all opinions are my own. Last month I introduced you to Poise Microliners for Light Bladder Leakage. Light bladder leakage affects 40 million women and I’m one of them. An astounding 1 in 3 women experience light bladder leakage (LBL) and millions of women already rely on Poise products to help keep them feeling clean and fresh. I rely on Poise Microliners everyday to keep me fresh and confident. Anytime we are asked to go out of our comfort zone, we all get nervous. Whether you’re giving a speech, presentation, a job interview, going on a first date or just a party, here are some tips to keep up your confidence! Here are a few ways I found to keep my confidence up:
- Appear Confident – personal hygiene is extremely important. Now is not the time experiment with blue hair, go with what you know works for you. Don’t forget the anti-perspirant! DO make sure you have Sam In Your Pants with Poise Microliners–that way when you cough, laugh or sneeze you have no LBL worries and can feel assured. I don’t leave the house without my Poise Microliners and they are so small and thin I can keep them in my wallet!
- Dress The Part- if you know that you look like a confident, capable person, eventually you’ll start to feel it, too. For example, if you’re going to a job interview, dress for the position you want and picture yourself doing the job. Wear something you know flatters you or that you consistently get compliments on (as long as it’s appropriate for the job). Keep jewelry to a minimum. Dressing appropriately gives you one less thing to worry about. This dress is comfortable and I feel pretty and confident in it (review here).
- Be Prepared – have the facts with you. If you are giving a speech, asking for a raise, or chairing an event, make sure you know what you want to say. You can refer to note cards or references, just make sure you remember your audience and how your idea or proposal benefits them.
- Display Good Posture – you’d be surprised at how carrying yourself with confidence makes a difference in how you look to others, make sure you’re telling them that you’re confident and in-charge. Keep your shoulders back, your spine straight, and your chin high. Walk with purpose and sit up straight. When you look like a confident person on the outside, you’ll be approached as one by the world around you.
- Smile! – an easy smile can cut the tension in most situations and make everyone feel comfortable. If you’re afraid your smile will look fake, just keep it small.
- Recognize Your Talents – I’m the Type A personality that is always striving to be better and consequently, I forget to stop and look at what I have accomplished. Recently I had some friends over and one of them asked what a blog is, how I started writing, etc. My sister spoke up and started rattling off my stats, the awards I’ve received and how proud she was of me. And you know what? I had forgotten about some of those accolades because I’m always focusing on doing more and the next goal. Think about past accomplishments and compliments from friends and family and congratulate yourself! It’s okay to give yourself a bat on the back sometimes.
- Slow Down – when we’re nervous, we tend to speed up to just get it over with quickly. Take a few deep breaths and consciously slow down your actions. Try to enjoy the moment and be yourself, If you flub a line, have a laugh, your audience will appreciate it and laugh along with you.
Remember wearing Poise Microliners is the first step to feeling confident! To get a FREE sample of Poise Microliner, visit www.poise.com and make sure to visit Poise on Facebook www.facebook.com/poise and Twitter www.twitter.com/poise Believe in yourself!